Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Holidays...

Just a little update. Over the holidays Josh and I went to Salt Lake City to visit my family for the holidays. I actually spent 3 weeks in Utah but Josh was only able to come for a week because he couldn't take much time off of work. We seriously had such a blast! Believe it or not... this was the first time Josh and I went back to Utah together since we've been married. A year and a half is a long time to not visit family and friends together. I've been by myself and he's been by himself since we've been married, but it hasn't worked out to go together until now.
While we were in Utah, we were able to visit Josh's brother John and his cute family. It was the first time we met their new baby Blake. He is such a cutie with his big cheeks! We had brought the kiddos balloons and candy. They loved it. Thanks John and Steph for letting us come over for dinner. We had such a great time!
Josh and I were also able to visit his grandma Johnson while we were in Utah. She is the most darling grandmother. She showed us pictures from her college days and we had such a great time talking. We also were lucky to eat some of her delicious fudge and play Yatzee with the Yatzee Queen. Grandma Johnson just turned 90 and she's as sharp as ever! We just love her so much!
My mom, sister Emma and I on Christmas.
My brother Pete, his girlfriend Lydia, my brother Danny, my sister Emma, Josh and I. And of course Bobie. We decorated a gingerbread house together on Christmas Eve and it was so cute.
Emma and I with Bobie and his new red cape.
My friend Serenity and I after her last undergraduate recital at the University of Utah. We played in the same quartet at the U. I surprised my family and came in a day earlier than I told them and I was able to attend Serenity's recital. She did a fabulous job.
Josh and I with baby Olivia (Andrea's baby).
Mike, Andrea, Me, Josh and baby Olivia.
Andrea and I with Olivia. We were wearing the exact same shirt without planning it. haha
A group of friends and I went to Red Butte Cafe for dinner one night. It was such a blast to see each other again. From left to right: Jesse, Jessica, Eliza, Me, Andrea & Olivia, Elizabeth & Thomas.
My Grandpa takes all of the grandchildren to The Mandarine ever year. The food is so amazing and I love being able to spend time with all of the cousins. We had such a great time. My grandpa is the most generous person I've ever known. Thanks grandpa for all you do for us!
Mike, Marne, Jonny, and Grandma...
Amy, Millie and Sam...
Sarah, Paige and Brad. Candid Shot...
Grandpa, Emma, Maddie and Katie...
The whole Henderson Gang. We loved seeing all the great grand kids. They are so cute!
Me, Josh and Rebekah...
Eliza, Laura, Paige, and Sarah...
Some more cousins...
My table. Each table got to order whatever food they wanted. The food was Amazing!
Rachel and Rebecca. Cute sisters!
Josh and I went to see the lights at Temple Square. We got there right as the lights turned on. It was so beautiful, but very cold.
Josh and I had such a great time in Utah. It was nice for both of us to just get a break from school and work. Josh picked me up from the airport and when I got home, I came home to this.
I really do have such a wonderful husband. He surprises me all the time and I love him more than anything. We're excited for the new memories we'll make in 2011.

3 comments:

  1. so cute brooke. I love seeing all the pictures of your family. it looks like you had a good time. and you got to see my favorite person in the world, becca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had a great time! I'm so bummed that I missed you. I think I flew out of SLC the day you got there. Lame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're stunning! love your stories and i agree your hubby is a doll! you totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete