Thursday, June 30, 2011

Exploring Milwaukee

Since I've only had a month to explore Milwaukee before I leave for Germany, I've tried to take advantage of my time here. I've been able to get out and do some fun things while I've been here. 

This is a view of Milwaukee from the Historic Third Ward. It's a cute little area downtown with fun shops and restaurants. I absolutely love the water running through the city. 
 My friend Morgan and I were able to see the Milwaukee Symphony play at the Boerner Botanical Gardens. They played film music from a variety of different films including Jaws, Harry Potter and Star Wars.
 "The Domes." Each dome represents a different display of flowers and plants. There was a tropical jungle, desert oasis, and floral gardens. It was a blast to see cool plants we don't have here in the U.S.
 This is an African tree that produces "Sausage Fruit." The fruit looks like large sausages hanging from long roots. Apparently the fruit is only edible for African animals but not for humans.
 North Point Lighthouse with Sarah and Morgan
 This lighthouse is no longer used to guide boats so they turned it into a museum. 
 View from the top of the lighthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment