Friday, June 3, 2011

Bitter Sweet

Did you hear? Josh and I moved to Milwaukee! Why? I wish I could say it's because I won a job in the Milwaukee Symphony, but it's actually because Josh got a new job. He is working for a company called Vivint and is selling security systems. I on the other hand am jobless. It's really weird being crazy busy all the time and then suddenly having all the time in the world.

The move has been really hard on me. I have cried, laughed, and had nervous breakdowns since we left Houston. That's how I feel about it. I'll have to admit, when Josh and I first moved to Houston, we were kinda skeptical and it took us a while to finally warm up to the place. But over the last two years, we really grew to love Houston. I already miss it like crazy. I miss our friends, our ward, our favorite restaurants, and the diversity. There are so many fun things to do in Houston and I'm really going to miss it a lot. However, I'd have to say the one thing I won't miss about Houston is the hot, humid summers. Needless to say, we already miss our life in Houston.

On our drive to Milwaukee, we spent the night in Memphis. We were able to look around the city a little bit before we kept driving again. Memphis is where Elvis lived and recorded his music.





Just a side note: While we were in Memphis we found one of my favorite restaurants that's popular in the south. It's called Krystal. They have the cutest little hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, and hot dogs. My brother Pete introduced me to Krystal when I went to pick him up in Georgia.

5 comments:

  1. Well at least you'll only have to be in Milwaukee for the summer. Just enough time for yall to find their fun things to do & then head out. And I hear you'll be busy with something else that will take up most of your time. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you like Krystal. haha. They had those in Alabama and I hated it! Yuck. To each his own though, I guess. I'm glad you guys are doing okay even though moving sucks and is really stressful. You finally move closer to us, then you move away, and now I'm moving. Such is life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MILWAUKEE!? i will have to update brian about your move! moving is hard and takes so long to adjust, but i'm glad josh has a job worth moving for! i am going to live vicariously through you...i think it sounds like a fun adventure :) i keep trying to make brian move to georgia just to try it out! or dallas. is that weird? maybe i'll put milwaukee on the list next..? i just want to go somewhere else with just the 2 of us!! enjoy your time figuring things out together! i'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Milwaukee looks like a cool city Brooke! Enjoy it for the few weeks that you're there I guess :). You guys are very missed here in Houston!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you Brooke! Come visit me in Utah!! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete